Bid good bye to cumbersome glasses and contacts by embracing 100% blade free technology that can give you perfect vision correction for nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. This is an outpatient procedure that does not require frequenting the eye care center. LASIK is not a difficult surgery process but a minor mistake can affect your vision for life. Choosing the best Pocatello eye care center with good credentials can prove to be beneficial in the long run. Some of the factors to consider while choosing an eye care surgeon include:
1. Basic license to practice medicine. This is offered by the American Board of Medical Specialties. The American Board of Ophthalmology that monitors training and continued education in the specialty.
2. The National Practitioner Data Bank checks the credentials of the surgeon and the state licensing board validates the credentials.
3. The surgeon must hold American College of Surgeons Membership that is the custodian of ethical standards of conduct.
4. Looks out for advertisements in the media and check for authenticity of information. Seek a quote before signing on the dotted lines
5. Get referrals from friends and neighbors. Check out customer testimonials and find out if the eye care staff is patient-friendly. Check with patients with previous surgery experience in the center to get an idea of their expertise.
6. If you are looking for specialty services check out the American Academy of Ophthalmology website for more information. The American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS) also list out information online.
7. Most eye care center have their own websites that lists out infrastructural facilities available, credentials of doctors and surgeons to facilitate easy verification.
While making a choice ensure that you are comfortable with the doctors and staff in the eye care center. Do not take a hasty decision and consult various quarters before zeroing on the specialist.